Our corporate world is getting more connected rapidly in a changing global economy and international skills in a variety of areas are becoming more and more important. We are constantly striving to match our candidate’s academic skills with host organizations and put them into use in the best way possible to provide a win/win situations for the student as well as the host organization.
Most students have intermediate English Skills and a language assessment is part of the application process and sometimes skype interviews are arranged if needed. If the level is not sufficient at time of application we offer English classes to get them to the required level prior to the internship.
All interns are pre-screened and booked through specialized internship placement agents overseas who take care of all the arrangements incl. visa, insurance, flights and accommodation.
Why should your company host a student?
- Our highly skilled and enthusiastic students have helped a lot of organizations reach their objectives and providing valuable support in scientific as well as other areas.
- All of our interns are either current undergraduate, post-graduate students or recent graduates and most of them already have gained practical experience or had prior jobs and are able to take on their own projects
- The student are provided with a complete insurance package including health insurance, travel insurance and private liability and will provide an English copy of their policy to the company.
- There is no cost involved for the host organization as most students receive financial support from either their universities or government bodies or have prepared for the internship a long time.
- The students can provide fulltime support and are available 40 hours a week.
- All internships are unpaid.
- The students have their own local coordinator looking after them to resolve any issues that might arise.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you might have or if you want to sign up as a host organization.
A homestay is a private home accepting overseas students to live as a part of the family, a homestay host can be an individual, couple or family.
Being a homestay host provides great insights into other cultures and can be a very rewarding cultural exchange experience with a financial remuneration. Life-long friendships are often established through the process. It is not a matter of simply renting out a room in your house.
Students choose to pay for homestay accommodation during their study because it offers them the opportunity to be part of a good family environment. They like to be treated like members of the family.
We are cooperating with numerous Homestay providers throughout Perth and always try to match the student’s requirements with the homestay the best we can and assure that the travel time between accommodation and the work place does not exceed 45 minutes by public transport.
Why should I become a host family?
Being an Exchange Student Host Family can bring a new perspective to your life. Having someone from another country stay in your home can be a real eye-opener for kids and parents alike.
- It will allow your family to experience a new member’s culture and customs first hand and most make friends for life.
- Every Family Member will have a Unique Experience
- You and your family will be exploring your differences and discovering surprising similarities.
- One of the great experiences offered through hosting an international student is learning about another culture as you get to share your own. Students are excited about learning Australian English and culture, and your warm welcome improves their chances for academic success and cultural acceptance while far from home.
Standard of Homestay Requirements:
- The home must be clean and have appropriate furnishings suitable for adult students between 20 and 30 years of age
- The home must be located in walking distance to public transportation
- The Homestay Hosts / carers must reside at the Homestay Premises
- Each student is to have as a minimum their own room, bed, desk or if a shared room no more than 2 (two) persons per room (same sex) each of whom must have separate bed and desk
- Students are not to share rooms with host family members and sharing arrangements will only be provided if the parents of the student(s) so request;
- Rooms assigned to students are solely for the student’s use and not for the use of other family members that requires regular access such as storage
- There are to be no more than 3 (three) overseas students residing in the home
- Students are to be given a key to the home or arrangements made so that the student can gain access to the home at any time;
- There must be heating in winter and some means of cooling in summer;
- There must be access to bathroom, with reasonable time allowed for showers
- There must be access to kitchen and laundry facilities and use of shared living areas of home
- House rules are to be discussed and explained to the student by the host parents, (including but not limited to friends visiting, use of phone and incoming calls, cleaning of room or other household tasks)
- Use of telephone and/or computer facilities is to be at students own expense. However charges to the student should only cover the actual cost of phone or internet usage. Use of Homestay internet will be restricted including restrictions on downloads.
Interested? Please contact us to sign up to be a homestay provider! firstname.lastname@example.org